The Bucket Test
Testing Your Pool’s Evaporation Rate
- Begin with the pool or water feature at its normal level
- Turn auto-fill off
- Fill a 5-gallon bucket with water to within 3 or 4 inches of the top.
- Place the bucket in the pool and on the first step. (You will have to weigh the bucket down so it will not float in the water.)
- Mark the level of the water inside the bucket, using a crayon or piece of tape
- Mark the level of the pool or spa on the outside of the bucket.
- After a couple of days, mark the new levels, inside and outside.
- If the pool and bucket level differ more then 1/2″, you may have a leak.
Caution: Keep the pool or spa area secure against children and pets during this test.
With our electronic leak detection methods we will find the exact source of the leak quickly, accurately and in the most cost effective manner.